Re: FQDN via DHCP, then used in exim4

On 5/16/2013 3:02 AM, Klaus Doering wrote:

> Sorry long post. Can anybody shine light on this, and maybe even know
> how to make use of the DHCP provided
> domain name in exim?

First, using a DHCP server, in a consumer broadband router or otherwise,
to assign -sticky static- addresses and hostnames is counterproductive
and counter intuitive.  You're doing this because you've never been
taught not to.  I'm teaching you now:  Don't do this.  Now you will ask
me why, and I will direct you to Google as I don't have time to write
you the many books you should already have read on the subject.

DHCP is for assigning resources to -client- computers, not -server-
computers.  You will not find a server application (mail) developer who
codes for your DHCP situation.  They all code assuming addresses and
hostnames are assigned within local UNIX files, or assuming you will
manually configure such things.

To answer your EXIM question, read this thread:
http://serverfault.com/questions/46545/how-do-i-change-exim4s-primary-hostname-on-a-debian-box

--
Stan