Re: Error install postgresql-9.1

Fernando ff77, 17.05.2013:
> hello,
> i update my server from sarge to wheezy (stable). (dist-upgrade)

Are you really trying to go from *sarge* to wheezy?  Sounds like asking
for trouble.

> All package is ok... thanks aptitude !!!
>
> The problem is postgresql-9.1, during the installation i read this error...
>
> Configurazione di postgresql-9.1 (9.1.9-1)...
> [....] Starting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server: main[....] Use of
> uninitialized value $logsize in numeric gt (>) at /usr/bin/pg_ctlcluster
> line 215. Use of uninitialized value $logsize in numeric gt (>) at
> /usr/bin/pg_ctlcluster line 215. Use of uninitialized value $logsize in
> numeric gt (>) at /usr/bin/pg_ctlcluster line 215. Use of uninitialized
> value $logsize in numeric gt (>) at...
> invoke-rc.d: initscript postgresql, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: errore nell'elaborare postgresql-9.1 (--configure):
>  il sottoprocesso installato script di post-installation ha restituito lo
> stato di errore 1
> Si sono verificati degli errori nell'elaborazione:
>  postgresql-9.1

Can you try removing the package and reinstalling it?  Maybe the new
version's post-install script is looking for something that doesn't
exist in your old version from sarge.

> I searched on Google but have not found a solution.

A very quick google search on your error message showed up some
cases when a file didn't exist, but I'm not sure how similar the
situations were to yours.  Do you know where $logsize is supposed to
come from?