Re: Fluxbox questions

On 05/16/2013 05:35 PM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I've been using 'fluxbox' for about a month now and really like it, but I
> do have some questions that I haven't been able to find answers for.
>
> A - In the menu, how can I get working lines for logging off, I currently
> use '[exec] (Log off) {exit}' but aren't satisfied with it, and also for
> restarting fluxbox, currently '[restart] (Restart) {restart}' ?

Check /etc/X11/fluxbox/fluxbox-menu, on my system this ends:
   [restart] (Restart)
   [exit] (Exit)
Which does logout and restart. Are they a better solution for you?

> B - Periodically, when logging back into fluxbox from another DE I get this
> error message showing in the logs 'BScreen::BScreen: an error occured while
> querying the X server.
> another window manager already running on display:0
> Error: Couldn't find screens to manage.
> Make sure you don't have another window manager running.'
> I'm not aware of another window manager still running, but how do I kill it
> if it is please?

If you have htop installed you could use it to interactively find out
which processes are running on a virtual console. If you do not have
htop, you might also try pstree and kill (-s TERM) processes still
running below your login manager (if any).

> Hopefully thanks
> Sharon.

HTH
Linux-Fan