Re: audit security

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 11:25 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 15 mai 13, 10:39:28, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > I wasn't aware about this, resp. I didn't had in mind, that at least
> > somebody might lock packages. I'm not sure if Debian and Ubuntu do
> > inform about updates for locked packages.
>
> I have no idea what you mean by "locked packages".

For Debian and Ubuntu it's possible to protect packages against
upgrading. I'm not booted to Debian or Ubuntu now, however, for Arch it'
s possible too,

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/pacman.conf
[snip]
# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg   = ardour virtualbox virtualbox-host-dkms virtualbox-host-modules virtualbox-ext-oracle
[snip]

IIRC for Debian it's called "lock package" by Synaptic, I don't remember
how it's called by apt, but Google does help:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/18654/how-to-prevent-updating-of-a-specific-package

Regards,
Ralf