power saving issues

Hello,

I am facing an issue on Debian Wheezy (mostly amd64).
My desktop is Xfce.

Each time I put my computer in sleep mode or in hibernation, when I start it back, the computer never enters sleep mode anymore: screens remain on (usually they got stop after 10 minutes) and harddrives also remain on (usually they stop after 14 minutes).

For the harddrives, the issue does not come from hdparm (if I call to put an hardrive in sleep mode, it works). For the screens, since I don't have xscreensaver running, I don't know where to look at.

So now, I suppose the bug belongs to Xfce. How could I ensure this so that I could appropriately report the bug ?

Also, do you think xfce from experimental is stable enough so that I can test it (or does someone know if it will move to sid or testing soon) ?

system: msi 990a-gd55 (latest bios), nvidia geforce 560 gtx with latest nvidia drivers, and latest kernel from amd64.

Thanks in advance.