Re: LVM mounting problems

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 02:14:58PM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I needed to expand my Debian Wheezy system by adding a 1 TB drive
> and decided to switch over to LVM2 in the process. I rolled up my
> old 160 GB drive into the 1 TB drive and called the whole thing
> "bigdisk" and chopped the drive into 3 logical volumes. Everything
> seemed to work until I started to try mounting the logical volumes.
> On boot up with the fstab file shown below, the system gets a whole
> bunch of mod-probe errors and finally drops into the maintenance
> mode. If I go in and # out the 3 lines shown the boot goes as
> normal. My setup is:
>
> --------------------------------------
> fdisk -l =>
 .. clippage ...
> Thanks in advance
>
> Gary R.

I don't know.
Buti, I have a second hdd with fedora18, LVM, on it, and I'm finding it won't
mount on boot in Wheezy (perhaps my /etc/fstab entry is wrong?
/dev/fedora/home /media/fedora	ext3  auto,noatime  0 2),
but I find I can mount it "manually", anyway,
sudo mount /dev/fedora/home /media/fedora

I swear it was auto-mounting with Squeeze.
I use Debian like 99% of the time anyway, so once it's mounted, I'm good
for a good while. I rsync my Debian /home to a dir in my Fedora /home,
daily, with cron. If I really want to play with Fedora, I generally use
VirtualBox. Had installed it on the other hdd, because I might be going
to work for an RH/CentOS shop (and also have centos server on a VBox,
now, so one must question the usefulness of the fedora installation on
that other hdd, but it ain't hurting nothing, and I'd been meaning to
install something on it, and it's convenient to no longer plugin my
external hdd for backups, although I'll still do that about monthly, now).
But I digress...

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me