Re: RME cards: How to show board revision and the loaded firmware version?

On May 13, 2013, at 2:56 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Preliminary question and regarding to this question multiposted: Does
> anybody still use a RME HDSPe AIO ;)?

YES! I thought I was the only one :-)

Actually, I haven't done any audio work on Linux for quite a while -- it was so hard to get the RME going, and it's falling off a log to work with Audacity on a Mac, though it doesn't have anything like the audio capabilities of Jack and Alsa and the other audio software I used to use back in the day (IIRC it was the first Debian release with Alsa). The horror stories about PulseAudio convinced me to not even try.

But my RME Hammerfall card and its software is by far the best computer audio I've ever experienced. If you get yours going, I'd sure like to know how you did it.

I'm sorry I can't help you beyond encouraging you to press on. OTOH I *do* know it has been seen working very well on my Linux box, and when it was working on mine, it sounded wonderful and worked flawlessly.

--
Glenn English