Could not perform Immediate Configuration of linux-headers-2-6-amd64

Hi: I'd appreciate some help. I have a 686 machine on which I had oldstbale and I thought I would upgrade to wheezy. When I do the upgrade I get the above message and not being able to perform the immediate
configuration of linux-headers-2-6-amd64, I did apt-get dist-upgrade
-o APT::Immediate-Configure=0 , but I keep getting the same message.
I tried deleting linux header-2-6-amd64.deb, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to proceed?

Thanks

Sebastian