Re: When is best to go on using Testing from Wheezy

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:11:05PM +0800, Hörmetjan Yiltiz wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I have been looking forward to the Debian Wheezy Release and, at last, we
>    had it!
>
>    I am informed that it might be safer to stay in Stable for *a while* after
>    release, since there could be many new softwares going into the Testing
>    branch, some of which might have some stability or other problems.
>
>    So, when could be better to use the *testing* in sources.list again? I
>    switched it to Wheezy from Testing a week ago before we have 3-4 days
>    until the Wheezy Release. Now I'd like to go on using Testing, yet not
>    sure about the best timing.

When you're ready to start testing packages destined for Jessie.

If you're wanting a set of packages that don't update very often, stick
with stable. If you want newer packages, and are willing to put up
with the occasional breakage, the overall uncertainty that brings, then
by all means switch to testing.