Re: can someone replicate this cut and paste bug?

On 4/30/2013 2:04 PM, songbird wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
That's not a 'u' - it's the lower case greek letter mu, which is
probably not in the charset you're using (sorry, I can't test it right now).

   right, it is μ.  however, in my LibreOffice document
and this text document it is showing up correctly
when i paste it in from the character map
(U+03BC GREEK SMALL LETTER MU).  even when i'm
pasting it as a Times New Roman font character.

   so it does seem to be in the font.

   as the other person said before, it
seems that copy/paste does not preserve
fonts/formatting.

   songbird

No, a straight copy just copies characters - not font information.