Re: mdadm devices have the same name after install of Debian Wheezy

My mistake.

The raid device is showing up in /dev/disk/by-uuid/{the uuid}

The /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf in initrd has two entries for /dev/md/0 which are supposed to be I think the two RAID 1 drives I think the wheezy installer might be broken at the moment because the first error is that /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf isn't valid, it uses two uuids that don't exist in /dev/disk/by-uuid despite all the disks existing in /dev/disk/by-name, perhaps I should change the initrd to use names instead of uuids.

Hence, raid isn't working, and the lvm is on the RAID. If it's an md error it's raid, so thanks your answer points me in the right direction. lvm isn't going to work without raid.