Re: Why Wheezy and Not Just Testing? (WAS: Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?)

On Lu, 22 apr 13, 01:03:41, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> I stayed with F12 almost 2 and a half years past its EOL.  I didn't
> like F15, my next usual upgrade, or the following releases, or the
> direction Fedora was going.  So, I opted against upgrading, but 12 was
> having problems.  Time for a new OS.  So, after some research, I
> decided on Debian mainly for its stability and 5+ year support life

A Debian release has security support for approximately 3 years: 2 years
as stable and one additional year as oldstable. You can extend that a
bit if you switch to testing when it's frozen, but that requires an
upgrade oldstable -> stable -> testing (skipping releases is not
supported).

Kind regards,
Andrei