Re: chess on fics

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 07:10:01PM +0300, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras wrote:
> I want to play on fics [0]  but I can't find a good client .... What
> kind of client do you use ?
>
> [0] www.freechess.org

Wrong list for that type of question. You want to find out from the site
what clients are available/usable *then* see if it is available in
Debian. If it is, and you have trouble installing/using it *THEN* ask here.

But in saying that, cough, cough.

root@tal:~# apt-cache search FICS
eboard - GTK+ chessboard program
eboard-extras-pack1 - additional piece sets and sounds for eboard (pack
1)
fso-frameworkd - freesmartphone.org Framework Daemon
google-mock - Google's framework for writing and using C++ mock classes
libpoe-component-client-ping-perl - ICMP ping client component for POE
trafficserver - fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching
proxy server
trafficserver-dev - Apache Traffic Server Software Developers Kit (SDK)
trafficserver-plugin-conf-remap - Apache Traffic Server conf_remap
plugin
yics - Yahoo! Chess client for use with FICS interfaces

Although that doesn't find xboard

root@tal:~# apt-cache show xboard

oppressing." --- Malcolm X