Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Wednesday 24 April 2013 11:40:17 Richard Owlett wrote:
One thing perhaps wasn't clear. I was referring to my
Windows experience

Sorry, Richard.  :-(  I didn't take in that you had actually _said_ that.

You simply can't use your Windows experience to predict the problems that you
will have in Linux.  They are different.  If you really want to use Linux, I
think that you would do better just to take the plunge.

<chuckle>
I just have a different mindset than others. I've been known to not only read instruction manuals, but to read them before unpacking a new gadget.

People have been telling me to just "take the plunge" for almost three years.
I think I'm happier for having looked for shoals first.
I've enjoyed the learning experience I've had.
I think I've said before "if retirement isn't for learning something new, what use is it" ;)

You are trying to solve problems which simply don't arise in Linux, so do not
need solving in Linux.

Lisi