Re: Und last aptitude safe-upgrade

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:17:31 +0100, Darac Marjal
<mailinglist@darac.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:57:21AM +0200, Dan wrote:
>>    Hi,
>>    I did an aptitude safe-upgrade of my Squeeze debian. And now the drivers
>>    for the graphics card are broken. I am using an Radeon Graphics card, but
>>    I downloaded the drivers directly from the webpage.
>>    How could I undo the aptitude safe-upgrade in order to use the xserver
>>    version that I was using before the upgrade?
>
> Generally speaking, downgrades are unsupported in Debian [SNIP]
There is a way to run an emergency downgrading by changing packages
priorities but it is not recommended.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_emergency_downgrading

> Ideally, your first option is to try and find an updated driver for your
> card. [SNIP]

This seems the best way to resolve your problem.

>>    Thanks,
>>    Dan

Jean-Marc