Re: Wheezy Sleezy Gnome

> From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
>
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:03:49 +0200, Morel Bérenger
> <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
>>  Maybe you could take a look at LXDE? There are still dependencies to GTK2
>>  as XFCE, but those are not Gnome deps...
>
> I'll switch to another DE, as soon as I've got more time for the
> computer.
> At the moment I've got unpleasant things to do and when using my computer,
> I'll make music, something that is an issue, but I ignore all the issues,
> resp. I also have to do unpleasant office work. And no, I can't give
> examples for pleasant office work.
>
> I already was uncertain, if I should use Xfce or LXDE, when I switched to
> Xfce.

I've used both, and prefer LXDE.  I like its modularity.  You can add or remove LXDE components as you see fit, or use them with other desktop environments, or even with some window manager-only systems.  I use just the LXPanel part of LXDE with Openbox as my GUI.  Works great.

FWIW:  LXDE uses Openbox as its default window manager.