Re: Dist-upgrade or upgrade. Which?

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 22:59 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 4/24/13, Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> > Info:
> >
> > You're free to use Yahoo with a MUA. Take a look at the email address
> > I'm using right now, it's Rocketmail, aka Yahoo, I'm only limited by the
> > pain Evolution and Xfce4, IOW the GNOME crap does cause.
>
> What are the pain points/ problems, with evolution?
>
> I saw a kickstarter project to create a new alternative to Evolution
> (or progress some alternative to it), and then, as now, I'm wondering
> why they don't enhance Evolution, why start anew?
>
> TIA
> Zenaan

Copy and paste sometimes doesn't work correctly.
It can crash, if a server isn't accessible.
It does mark mails as read, if you switch between folders.
The GUI often is disgusting broken.
It has a very unique maildir, that can't be shared with other MUAs.
Depending to the update, it could happen, that it doesn't "transform"
correctly from ISO to UTF and vice versa.
Etc. pp.

OTOH, I didn't find another mailer that fit halfway to my needs and that
does work with the provider settings I need.