Re: 100% cpu usage by hwC0D0, amd & usb 2.0-crw

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 01:53:25PM +0530, war dhan wrote:
>    os: wheezy rc1.
>
>    the 100% cpu usage is worrying me.
>    i have updated grub with pcie_aspm=force.
>    but the cpu usage is unchanged.
>    should i download & install amd catalyst ?
>    if you need any more information, please provide me appropriate & detailed
>    commands.
>    please always cc me [ i am not yet subscribed to the mailing list ].
>
>    the output for dmesg - device stats [ [1]http://pastebin.com/tzDkgWGJ ]:

My crystal ball tells me that the information below is from powertop.
There are a few bugs about with versions of this not reporting
information correctly. If possible, fetch the latest upstream version
(https://01.org/powertop/downloads) and see if that gives you more
accurate stats.

(According to the list below, 22 devices are using 100% CPU. Do you have
more than 22 CPU cores? If not, that should have clued you into it being
a bug :)