When to file a bug report? - Re: prettify audacious? - sid, xfce desktop

This is a question I've often wondered about - what is a reasonable
process for filing a bug report?

I've assumed that a dip in the waters of debian-user is a good first
start. Any recommendations?

For example:

On 4/14/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 4/14/13, Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> wrote:
>> On Sunday 14 April 2013 02:28:16 Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>> The screenshot on http://www.audacious-media-player.org/ looks rather
>>> nice.
>>>
>>> Running audacious looks ugly - plain gray GTK ui.
>>>
>>> How do I make my audacious look like the screenshot?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Zenaan
>>
>> View -> Interface preferences, chose from whatever is there
>
> Only plain ugly GTK and nearly all black "Winamp".
>
> So I googled, and found a nice skin:
> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/New+Wave+Audacious+skin?content=129663
>
> which page also tells me about ~/.local/share/audacious/skins and
> /usr/share/audacious/Skins/
> yet copying the extracted downloaded skin above, into either
> directory, and restarting audacious, no new options.
>
> Also, I see in /usr/share/audacious/Skins/ is already a few skins, yet
> these don't appear in my menu.

So, the default install of audacious (sid) appears to install 7 skins.

Yet, in the View->Interface menu, there are only two options.

At this point, is there any reason I should not file a bug report
(against audacious)?

Is there any reason to have not filed a bug report, say 4 days ago?

TIA,
Zenaan