Re: mod-security update

On Sat, 2013-04-13 at 11:08 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Jens Tobiska wrote:
> > After the latest update of mod-security for debian squeeze, I am receiving
> > the error message:
>
> There is no "mod-security" for Squeeze.  You must have installed it
> from elsewhere.  Check it with:

My guess is he is referring to an Apache module (package
libapache2-mod-security)
It has recently been updated in Squeeze, see this security advisory:
http://www.debian.org/security/2013/dsa-2659
I have no first hand experience with it though.

> > Interestingly, from what I read, SecRequestBodyLimitAction appears only
> > with mod-security 2.6 and squeeze uses version 2.5, so I don't understand
> > why it did not complain before the update.

I'd say have have a closer look at the documentation and/or file a
regression bug report.