Re: MICROSOFT HIRED THESE PEOPLE TO SABOTAGE OPEN SOURCE

> GConf I *think* was merely a GNOME construct, so if you're not a GNOME
> user you don't have to bother with it. There wasn't really much of a
> technical issue with it except it emulates the Windows Registry in
> superficial ways.

There are technical issues such as actually more difficult
administration despite claims to the opposite (you shouldn't *need* to
use new tools which may not even be available where the configuration
happens) and whilst xml is an improvement over binaries formats to
save processing no one needs to save, it is not the best method.

> 4. First off, nothing in that image has anything to do with what the guy
> says. At any rate, not wanting to contribute to open source gaming
> hardly puts someone in Microsoft's employ.

You assume he was saying he thought it true, perhaps he was being
sarcastic in that there are negative comparisons to be made that could
lead you to believe it and that incidentally I will add (without
alledging anything and acknowledging some of the great work Redhat does)
almost always point to the Redhat desktop world, for whatever true
reason that has not yet been properly identified.

The image has far more value that the way this thread has been hijacked.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)