Re: Data Archiving

On 4/8/13, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a records archiving problem and don't know where to start. There
> are 100 years of records that include hand written material, type
> written hard copy, photos and a lot of email. I would like to have a
> system based around mysql (if possible) that would allow flexible data
> mining.

How many records?

How many people will be "entering" these records?

Are you going to OCR or type some of them, or just scan them in and
record data about each record?

"flexible data mining" sound a bit sales pitch-y, but that might just be me.

Is this for you, or a company, or a library? Or do you want to write
some software to do this sort of thing? Or is it a University project?