Re: lost toolbar

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Doing an educated guess I suspect the OP is talking about a DE's panel
> and not the tool bar of an app, so likely it's the GNOME panel. I'm
> using expensive crystal ball cleaner, that does improve a lot, but isn't
> politically correct, since it's made of unicorn horn and dragon skin.

I suspect the user is running XFCE4 in which I routinely see other
people with crashed panels.  (Other people I support because I don't
use a heavy desktop myself.)  Manually start it back up again.

  Alt-F2 xfce4-panel

I believe it to be a program bug that it crashes under some as yet
unknown condition.

Bob