Re: release of Wheezy, rise of Jessie?

On 04/04/2013 05:05 AM, Mark Allums wrote:
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 05:49:38AM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
A release is imminent, is it not?  In the next two-to-three weeks?
Imminent? Yes. In the next two-to-three weeks? Maybe.

Wheezy will be release when the number at the top of this page[1]
reaches zero. You can see the context of that number here[2] (it's the
number in green, this time).

In other words, it'll be released when it's ready.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/testing.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

I actually was referring to that graph when I asked the question.  It is at
a pretty low point, and it looks like it won't be much longer that it will
be close to zero.

Mark
If you have been following that page then you will have noted that the number of RC errors can drop rapidly, then stall, or rise for a while before continuing down. That seems to be what has happened recently. The drop from the 120's to where it is now was rapid. Then it stalled. It has been hovering around the mid 50's for a while now. Just this morning it rose again, to 56. We can hope that it will drop again, and reach zero, but that could be in two weeks, or two months. When it does, Wheezy will be released.

Marc