Re: multi-core system and the file system

> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask, whether there is some intelligent way how to
> synchronize processes over the file-system state.
>
> E.g., if one process creates|modifies|deletes some file,
> how can I learn *when* that effect hits all cores?
> (not just the one where I executed those operations)

I don't think the question makes sense. Changes in the filesystem affect
processes, not cores. Processes are aware of filesystem changes as soon as
they do some filesystem related system call, like stat(), readdir() or
read() over an inotify "watch descriptor", irrespective of the core in
which  they are running at the moment of the system call.