Re: update of clamav fails - bad variable errors

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Shane Johnson
<sdj@rasmussenequipment.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM, francis picabia <fpicabia@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>   clamav-daemon
>> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>>   clamav clamav-base
>
> <snip>
>
> It looks like you have a previous installation that didn't finish.  I would
> purge and reinstall.
>
> Thanks

This system runs SMTP for about 5000 users.  I think you can
understand why I'm looking for some insight into why the upgrade
is failing.

Right now the system is running.  If I purged and reinstalled,
and afterward clamav is still barfing on config variables or something,
I have a service which is down.