Re: console mode

On Friday 29 March 2013 13:15:13 Linux-Fan wrote:
> > Question: what are the default use assigned to the f1 through f7
> > consoles.
> >
> > i do understand that f7 is gui.

Sometimes also F8.

> > i have found
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Console
> >
> > and at that address there is not a writ on f1 through f7 default
> > assignments.

Because there is no assignment for the first six consoles.

> > i would assume f1 could be for admin purposes ?.

If you want.  Or for any other purpose that you choose.

> As far as I know there is no special purpose of the individual consoles
> after Debian was installed.
>
> > i would just like to get it strait.

There is nothing to get straight.  That is why you can find nothing about
assignments.  There are none.

> Use them as you see fit.

+1 :-)

I most often use then to interfere in something that has gone wrong in the
gui.  But I certainly wouldn't claim that that is their assigned purpose!

Lisi