tar command and -X -T options.

Hi,
I'm on Debian Squeeze 6.0.7 amd64, I always used tar command for my backups using a couple of file to include and exclude directories. Now something strange it happens:
(username) means the name which it's used to login to the system.

root@mitas:~# tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.23
root@mitas:~# tar zcpf /tmp/bck.tgz -X out -T in
root@mitas:~# cat out
/home/(username)/linux-source-2.6.32

root@mitas:~# cat in
/home/(username)/linux-source-2.6.32/.config

root@mitas:~# ls -l /tmp/bck.tgz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 45 27 mar 15.33 /tmp/bck.tgz

Tar command creates an empty bck.tgz file (45 bytes length) could anybody tell me why isn't .config file archive by tar?
Thanks for your answer, bye.

--
                                        Franco Martelli.