Nvidia Driver Working [Was: Running Nvidia Driver Without an xorg.conf]

Well, that was easy:  Just created, since there wasn't one by default, an xorg.conf per instructions in the Debian Nvidia wiki

==============================
Section "Module"
    Load        "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "EVGA GeForce 8400GS"
    Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

and it worked!

Now all I have to do is tweak the settings, and figure out how to increase the size of the terminal I boot into for those times I don't want a GUI. ;-)

PS: Seems the nvidia driver won't work without an xorg.conf.  Was never able to find anything to the contrary.