Re: Inability to launch Cinnamon

2013-03-23 09:39, Sharon Kimble skrev:
I've just installed cinnamon to try it out again on a new monitor. but
when i try to access it i don't get any desktop just the gdm3 greeter
background.

i've just thought, this is a new computer, new this year and its not
got a 'open-gl' capable graphics card,

I have a cinnamon 2D option in my gdm session selection menu, which I assume is intended to work in cases where gl drivers are insufficient. Do you have that option? Does it behave differently from what you saw before?

/ johan