Re: [POSSIBLE SPAM] Re: use a 3TB WD Mybook on old etch system kernel 2.6.18-6-486. parted 1.7.1 has bugs. can I use modern parted on other system and move over drive

> ok so I will try it tomorrow.
> Thank you very much
> I will report back
>
> Mitchell

And the answer is:

The drive was not recognized as partitioned  and formated as two ext3 partitions of size 1.5T.
even after I partitioned it on a modern sid system.
The old debian kernel 2.6-18-2 recognized the gpt identity, but would not mount the drive.

Oh well, I will have to take the machine down and update before backup.

Thanks