Re: Decoding QR

Claudius Hubig <debian_1303@chubig.net> writes:

> An example image would be helpful.

I have put some to my home page, see below.

> > I haven't installed libdecodeqr-dev since that seems to have
> > completely ill dependencies.
>
> Itâ??s a development library (-dev) intended for use if you want to,
> well, develop your own programmes.

Yes, I know and I wouldn't mind doing so.  But I didn't like the
dependencies on capturing, font libs, displaying on X11 etc.  IMO a
library for decoding should do exactly and only that.  It shouldn't
mess with where I get the images from or whether I want to display
them.

> zbarimg from zbar-tools was able to recognise [0], but not [1].

Ah, thanks for that hint.  I haven't found that tool before.  I tried
zbarimg on my images but (first) without success.  The images were
taken from a laptop screen and have probably to high a resolution,
showing too much detail of the screen's pixel structure instead of
solid white.  After converting to 320 x 200 pixels with ImageMagick
zbarimg found the QR codes in all images immediately.

I have put my example images on

        http://thuermann.net/urs/qr

The images eos-*.jpg on couldn't be decoded by zbarimg, but
small.eos-*.jpg were decoded successfully.

Thanks again.  That brings me close to my goal of automatically
correcting image time stamps, i.e. to compensate for the camera
clock's time drift.

urs