Decoding QR

I have searched the Debian repository for packages to decode QR codes
but haven't found anything suitable.

I often take photos of QR codes e.g. with my SLR camera, saving them
as JPG, that I want to decode later on my Debian machine.

I'd like to have a simple command line tool that I can call with a JPG
image file as argument and that searches the image for a QR code,
decodes it and prints the decoded text to stdout.

I have tried with libdecodeqr-examples and libdecodeqr0 but that seems
to be only able to decode the example JPG file from that package.  All
of my images from the SLR were not recognized.

I haven't installed libdecodeqr-dev since that seems to have
completely ill dependencies.  It wants to install 50 new libs of 64 MB
size, ranging from font libs, to firewire communication, computer
vision (openCV), lots of X11 libs, XML, regexps, and lots of other
stuff, that haven't much to do with QR codes.  I don't want to capture
from image devices, I don't want to display QR codes, I don't want any
GUI, X11.  Just decode QR codes in JPG files.

Isn't there anything in Debian for that purpose?

urs