Re: Wheezy issue with broadcom 5720 nic on new dell PowerEdge R720

On 03/18/2013 02:23 PM, Casper Langemeijer wrote:

It gets even more weird: I had the NIC daughter card replaced, and the problem still exists. I think I will use the machine in production as it is now. Since I'm not using 4 ethernet ports, for me the issue is not blocking. I hope someday someone encounters the same problem and finds a solution.

This story has a happy end. I fixed it by running the firmware installer. The firmware installer is in the 'Lifecycle controller' BIOS. It can download the firmware from a dell ftp server, and allows a firmware 'upgrade' even if the newest firmware version is the same as currently installed.

Now that I can restore the situation, I could replay this again if anyone is interested. I could install the firmware-linux-nonfree package and see if the problem occurs again. I will have physical access to this machine on Wednesday only. After that, it's co-located.

Greetings, Casper