Re: newer kernels from experimental?

Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2013 schrieb Brad Alexander:
> While it isn't quite getting long in the tooth, sid is still sporting the
> 3.2.x kernel. Now as I recall, Greg KH said that this would be the next
> long term support kernel, but I would like to play with some of the newer
> features from the later 3.x kernels from experimental, like f2fs and
> btrfs. I was wondering if anyone is running any of them, and if they are
> stable enough for day-to-day use.

3.7-trunk-amd64, 3.8-trunk-amd64 and 3.8 and 3.9 upto rc3 all fine here on
different machine.

However your mileage may vary as your configurations will very likely be
different.

Thus: If you want to play, there is a risk. Either accept it, or don´t play,
I´d say. No one here will be able to assure you that there won´t be
problems.

Thanks,