Re: permissions on a Verbatim USB external drive

On Tuesday 12 March 2013 18:58:16 John L. Cunningham wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 05:31:57PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > The Verbatim belongs to User, and needs to function on his box.  But it
> > cannot be written to from his box, even as root, and returns "access
> > denied" to most files and directories that I try to copy over.
>
> What is the filesystem on the drive?  Sounds like NTFS, and it's being
> mounted using the read-only ntfs driver. Install ntfs-3g and try
> mounting it with that.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I should have said.  From the result of the konsole command <mount> on
my desktop:
<quote> /dev/sdd1 on /media/usb0 type vfat </quote>

It "works" fine attached to my computer, which is running Squeeze.  But it
needs to work attached to its owner's computer, which is also running
Squeeze.

Lisi