Re: A question about how to ask a question

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 08:51:47PM +0100, Olivier Cailloux wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> My question is about... how to best ask a question! That is because
> I have the feeling I am not asking it in the best possible way.

I am very little time these days, so short questions are simply more
attractive to me.  Also, specific questions are more attractive than
broad "I can't get this to work" type of questions.

Regarding HDMI specifically, I dealt with my own HDMI problems recently.
I posted to this list and eventually got it solved, but I don't remember
much about it now (although I have a recollection of it being fairly
painful, so maybe I've just blocked it out).  One of my threads is here,
in case it helps you:

Interestingly, I posted a "it works on one computer but not the other"
type of question recently, and it too went unanswered.

Maybe there's just something too mysterious about that type of
question...

-Rob