Re: Wanted: an internet free minimal Debian install

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 11:05:37 -0800
Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can not configure the network, but network support will still
> be there. I guess you could blacklist all the network card kernel
> drivers. Don't disable the core network stack that allows the
> loopback to function, though, that might cause something to
> blow up. Sounds like a lot of work for no reason though.

The etch installer, if not invoked in expert mode and not finding a
DHCP server, would install lo only, and no Ethernet networking. I don't
know if the current installers do this, as I have had a DHCP server for
quite a while now.

It wasn't a bug: I reported it as a bug and was rather tersely informed
that it was a feature.

--
Joe