Re: Raid 5

On 06/03/13 01:55 PM, Dick Thomas wrote:
About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk
G+:   www.google.com/profiles/xpd259
gpg key: C791809B

On 6 March 2013 18:47, Adam Wolfe<kadamwolfe@gmail.com>  wrote:
I had one h**l of a time doing this over the weekend.

What finally worked for me was creating LOGICAL partitions on each drive and
setting them as used for RAID volume devices.
This gave me /dev/sda5, /dev/sdb5 etc etc.
When grub did it's install, it added all the /dev/sda1 etc partitions and
rebooted fine.

When I tried primary partitions, grub would just fail and I'd have to
restart the whole install process over.

NOTE:  when booting from the install cd i had to [tab] the 'install' menu
entry and add "dmraid=true".
Then after the initial install, it would still fail to boot.
Back to the install cd, choose 'rescue', [tab] and add 'dmraid=true' again.
Then get thee to a shell and 'grub-install --recheck /dev/sdaX' for each
partition.