Problems with samba

Hello guys,

I have trouble with configuring a samba server running on Debian Wheezy.
My current smb.conf is as follows:

#======================= Global Settings =======================
[global]
   workgroup = MYGROUP
   server string = %h server
   dns proxy = no

#### Debugging/Accounting ####
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 3
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0

####### Authentication #######
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = tdbsam
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
   pam password change = yes
   map to guest = bad user
   usershare allow guests = yes

#======================= Share Definitions =======================

[share]
    path = /srv/share
    read only = no
    writable = yes
    browseable = yes
    guest ok = yes
    create mask = 0664
    directory mask = 0775
    force user = share
    force group = users

[storage]
    path = /srv/storage/%u
    read only = no

[media]
    path = /srv/media/%u
    read only = no

The problem is, when I create a system user with `useradd -M username` and create a sambauser with `smbpasswd -a username` and set the same password for both. The user can connect to [storage] and [media], but he is not allowed to either read or write in it. Even a `ls` via smbclient throws permission denied. Both [storage] and [media] are owned by 'root:root' and have 777 as permissions. Channging the user or group to the one of the user trying to connect
still results in permission denied.
Any ideas on that?
The only thing samba.log is telling me is 'chdir (/srv/storage/virtsteve) failed, reason: Permission denied'.
[share] does work normally and as expected.

If I need to provide more information, please tell me, I will.

bests and thanks,
Steve

Steve Dierker
Fidicinstrasse 44