Re: Help please - install the WiFi driver

Am 03.03.2013 um 22:20 schrieb Joe:

Network manager is not actually necessary to do anything, and until
recently it had a rather poor reputation, usually being known as Notwork
Manager. It's quite big and overbearing, and has many plug-ins, for
OpenVPN, wi-fi, 3G dongles and other things. It does seem to work these
days, or at least the Sid version does. I don't have it on my
workstation, which is a purely wired-Ethernet machine, but both my
laptop and netbook have it.

In my standard installation [1] of squeeze + Gnome WiFi and 3G works out of the box.

[1] Bootet netinstall from WinXP, DHCP over ethernet-cable. Booting from Win was convenient, because this netbook (Acer one) has no CD- drive, and I had no empty USB stick available.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer