Re: Not for me.

On 03/04/2013 08:07 PM, William Ivanski wrote:
On 04-03-2013 22:39, Yaro Kasear wrote:
When (U)EFI completely replaces BIOS THEN DOS will be completely dead. Right now it's just a horribly obsolete OS used by people afraid of kernels or enterprises that refuse to upgrade some of their infrastructure.
It's also used by people who, many years ago, paid for a vital system which runs on DOS, and nowadays can't pay for a better modern system.

Well that's mostly what I meant by "enterprises that refuse to upgrade some of their infrastructure." I do know sometimes a company can't or won't upgrade their equipment. My own company is only just this year moving away from our onlly DOS software for in-house web stuff that does the same things, but better. Due in no small part to the bit rot of the ancient DOS software we've been using.

Regards.