From: Selim T. Erdogan <selim@alumni.cs.utexas.edu>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: Missing Driver isci

Mustafa Aldemir,  4.03.2013:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried upgrading my Debian server. During the update, I got a message about a missing driver. Since it's a remote server, it will be a disaster if it has a problem with ethernet driver. What should I do before restarting to avoid problems?
>
> "Setting up linux-base (2.6.32-48squeeze1) ...
> Setting up linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64 (2.6.32-48squeeze1) ...
> Running depmod.
> Running update-initramfs.
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
> W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/isci/isci_firmware.bin for module isci"
>
> best wishes...
> Mustafa
> http://mustafa.aldemir.net

On my wheezy system here, running apt-file search isci_firmware.bin
shows me that that file is in the firmware-linux-free package.  And
looking at the description for firmware-linux-free, I see
"Intel C600 SAS/SATA controller default parameters, version 1.3 (isci/isci_firmware.bin)"

However, it looks like the squeeze version of firmware-linux-free
doesn't include it, so you can try installing the wheezy version of that
package (or alternatively, download the wheezy .deb, extract the
firmware file you want, and put it in /lib/firmware/isci/ manually).