Re: Windows XP option not showing up after fresh install.

On 03/04/2013 08:43 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Michael wrote:
On 03/03/2013 08:13 PM, Hormatzhan Yiltiz wrote:
First, just curious why are you saying Debian 6 as "new"? It has been released several years ago. For your question, you may want to drop to root and run "grub-update" and "grub-install /dev/sdX" where sdX might be /dev/sda in your case.

I ran the command: grub-install /dev/sda and my rebooted. The Win XP now shows up in the list. However, my Debian install does not! My options are back to what they were before I installed Debian, which are Mint and XP.

You ran 'grub-install /dev/sda' and 'update-grub'?

Hugo

My GRUB issue is now resolved. Thanks to all who replied. One response said to do "grub-update" and the other said the command was "update-grub" which I didn't catch at first. I tried both and I forget which one actually worked, but again, all three of my OSs now show up. And again, thanks for all of the replies. This list is GREAT!

Michael