Re: How can I know which deb-multimedia packages I have installed?

Hi Bob,

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> I have installed vuze on my Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) system.
>>
>> My sources.list is:
>>
>> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
>> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
>
> That looks like Sid, not Wheezy.  Unless you take special care by
> pinning your system is a Sid system.
>
>> I have installed vuze but I can't to use it. I reported a bug here:
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%23700090
>>
>> I want to follow advice of Michael Gilbert:
>>
>> "You have a mix of deb-multimedia packages, which often leads to
>> problems.  Please try to reproduce this on a clean installation."
>>
>> So I change my sources.list:
>>
>> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid main
>> #deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org testing main
>>
>> and did aptitude update and upgrade.
>
> You cannot change your sources and then call it a clean installation.
> (At least not if you are asking how to do it.)  The way to do a clean
> installation is to do a clean installation.
>
> A clean installation in a chroot with debootstrap should be
> acceptable.  That is my typical way of doing things.
>
> The problem is that packages outside of the official Debian repository
> will have a later version numbers.  The apt upgrade tools will
> determine that the system is up to date based upon those version
> numbers.
>
>> Mike sed: "You should remove all packages that you've installed from
>> either."
>
> You can purge and re-install packages.  But that may not be the same
> as a clean installation.  It is much easier to simply create a clean
> chroot and install there.

I created a clean chroot by running the following commands in a
directory called '/debian-adatok-1/Chroot/':

$ cd /debian-adatok-1/Chroot/
$ sudo debootstrap --arch amd64 wheezy .
$ sudo chroot /debian-adatok-1/Chroot/
$ sudo mount -o bind /dev /debian-adatok-1/Chroot/dev/
$ sudo mount -o bind /proc /debian-adatok-1/Chroot/proc/

Then I installed vuze in chroot environment by running the command:
aptitude install vuze

Is this an install of vuze in clean chroot?

--
Regards from Pal