Re: Thinking about using Debian

--- On Mon, 2/25/13, Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Thinking about using Debian
> To: "Chris Bannister" <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Monday, February 25, 2013, 5:35 PM
>
> Do you know of any very-experienced Debian folks who speak
> truths and wouldn't mind holding my hand? (and who maybe
> won't be put off by a little bitching?)

Your claim of 30 years experience does not necessarily equate to maturity. There are a lot of Debian folks who speak the truth but many (if not most) are unwilling to babysit and spoonfeed. To me, Linux is about self-reliance and infinite possibilities with the user orchestrating the adventure. As to your fear of the unknown . . . either roll up your sleeves and plunge in with some live disks or find a good therapist. :)