RE: How to become a Windows device? (Was: possible USB virus?)

 Hello,

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:09:53 -0600
> "Mark Allums" <mark@allums.com> wrote:
> > FYI, a few USB storage things were known to irrevocably
> > become Windows devices once used on Windows.  This is rare
> > now.  However, if you reformatted and it seems to work now,
> > forget about it.
>
> Please can you explain what do you mean by that?  What is the
> thing you call "Windows device"?  (Something like a roller
> blind?)
>
> Like they stopped being usable anywhere but Windows?
>
> Thanks,
> aL.
> --
> Alois Mahdal

Yes.  My command of English should be better, since I am a native speaker...

By that, I mean that there was a hardware bug that caused some flash drives
to ever after be usable only under Windows after having been used once under
Windows.  This is no longer a problem, unless you are very unlucky and get
one of the old afflicted devices.

Mark