Re: Seeking advise on changing names of target in dm-crypt

J.A. de Vries wrote at 2013-02-18 05:57 -0600:
> I am thinking of changing the names of the targets in crypttab and
> fstab. Are there other files I need to adjust? Any pitfalls I need to be
> aware of? I am thinking especially of the target that contains /.

I use LUKS and cryptsetup encryption, but not for the root filesystem.
Probably fstab and crypttab are all that you need to change.  Grub
configuration is another possibility, but I am guessing that you have
a dedicated /boot partition and so no grub change is necessary.  I
suggest that you make sure you have a live Linux CD/DVD (eg. grml)
(just in case), make the changes, and reboot.