Re: SSD Optimization in Wheezy

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 04:08:58PM +0000, Hormatzhan Yiltiz wrote:
>    ​ear fellas,

Fellas and Dames, please. If you wish to just address those on this list
who identify as male, you should probably be aware that you may miss out
on some sage advice.

>    Two issues here indicated from [1]wiki.debian.org/SSDOptimization.
>    One is about ramlog, another about asd.
>    1. I had 8G RAM x64 Debian testing on 120G SSD, and wanted to do some SSD
>    optimization, and I came across [2]http://www.tremende.com/ramlog/ from
>    Debian Recommendation [3]http://wiki.debian.org/SSDoptimization.
>    After
>    Downloading [4]http://www.tremende.com/ramlog/download/ramlog_2.0.0_all.deb and
>    installing it according to the steps
>    in [5]http://www.tremende.com/ramlog/, I came up with a failed system
>    after the step 3: reboot!
>    It says the file system fails to blah-blah, and the ttyX can only get
>    access to a read-only file system. So I cannot even uninstall ramlog,
>    though I do not know whether simply uninstallation could help.
>    Please help me! I would much appreciate! I had crucial database in
>    the Linux box. Thanks!
>    Bu the way, it might be better to mark these issues in the wiki pages.

As you can probably tell from the URL you downloaded that package from,
that's not debian software. You'd probably be better talking to the
software's author directly.

>    2. Why there is no anything-sync-daemon, goanysync​ or profile-sync-daemon
>    in Debian, even in Sid, when it is a recommended software in the Debian
>    wikipage!?

Probably for the same reason that ramlog isn't in Debian. :)