Re: Help w Claws mail (pop) I don't want to download my entire yahoo message box!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:21:02 -0700
B G <ell_bronko@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up claws mail to access my yahoo email account
> using pop.  I would only like to download messages from the last day
> or so. My yahoo account has emails going back 7 or so years. Is there
> a way to tell Claws mail client to only download the last 100
> messages?  Right now it is grabbing the first of more than 19000
> messages.
>
> Details- Debian Wheezy XFCE desktop with claws-mail package.
>
> Thanks in advance.

It's nothing to do with Claws or Debian. This is what POP3 is designed
to do, to transfer the entire mailbox content to the local workstation.

If you want to leave mail on the server, use IMAP for access instead,
I'm sure Yahoo offers that and I know Claws does it.

--
Joe